Often considered the most dangerous pest in the world, mosquitoes carry and can transmit hundreds of deadly diseases. While the best approach to a mosquito infestation on your property is hiring a professional mosquito exterminator, there are some steps you can take to reduce your chances of getting bitten.
- Use mosquito repellent. The CDC recommends using EPA registered mosquito repellents, such as DEET, Picaridin or Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus. These repellents are safe and effective for all ages and pregnant women.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Loose fitting long sleeve shirts and long pants are recommended to reduce your chance of mosquito bites. Permethrin treated clothing is also recommended by the CDC.
- Minimize entry points. In order to reduce mosquitoes in your home, you should ensure that all doors and windows are fitted with screens. There should be no holes in your screens and you should check for other possible entry points.
- Remove Standing Water. Female mosquitoes lay their eggs in standing water and can lay hundreds of eggs at once. Thoroughly inspect your property for standing water and remove any sources.
While these recommendations are good for population reduction and bit prevention, they do not completely eradicate mosquitoes. If you are facing a mosquito infection, Edge Pest Control and Mosquito Services can effectively eliminate the problem.
How We Eliminate Mosquitoes
At Edge, we take mosquitoes seriously. Our three step mosquito extermination program will keep you and your family safe.
- Property Inspection - A thorough inspection of your property is conducted to find any breeding grounds, standing water or other signs of a mosquito-friendly environment. We will remove any water sources and provide tips on maintaining a mosquito free property.
- Fumigation - We will fumigate all areas where mosquitoes have been detected, using a slow-release product that allows for a more effective extermination. All products we use are safe for humans and pets.
- Reservice - Mosquitoes are a persistent pest and it will take more than one fumigation to effectively eliminate them. We will schedule any necessary services with you before we finish up for the day.
By scheduling an appointment with our professional mosquito exterminators, you won't have to worry about repellent or other mosquito protection tips. Take back your yard today.